How to get involved
Friends of CareArc
The Friends of CareArc is an independent organization created exclusively for charitable acts that benefit not only CareArc, but also its clients through donations of time, talent, and treasure. Through the Emporia Community Foundation, funds continue to be raised toward:
- Continuing the Arlene Eichorn Scholarship, which grants $500 each January to a local student in approved Licensed Practical Nursing, Dental Hygiene or other medical ancillary majors
- Supporting the Eileen Greischar Memorial Fund, which is used to help eligible individuals receive medication and provide staff education
- And granting other requests from the health center
Arlene Eichorn Scholarship
The Friends of CareArc have announced they are accepting applicants for the Arlene Eichorn Scholarship. The Friends of CareArc offer the $500 scholarship annually to an outstanding student enrolled in a program offering a degree in Dental Hygiene, Licensed Practical Nursing, or other medical ancillary program.
Criteria for selection
Criteria for selection include:
- a high school diploma or GED
- a connection to Lyon County or the surrounding area
- attendance at an approved program for LPN, dental hygiene or other medical ancillary program
- meeting the promotion policies for progression in the program (and sending a transcript or copy of grades earned with application)
- a letter of endorsement from one faculty member of the student’s current program
How to apply
- Obtain and complete an application, which is available at Flint Hills Technical College or Flint Hills Community Health Center.
- Enclose a copy (or transcript) of grades received in your last session at school, and one reference from a faculty member who taught you in the program you are attending.
- Submit the application materials to Executive Assistant, CareArc, 420 W. 15th Ave., Emporia, KS 66801, by 3 p.m. on Jan. 3, 2023.
More about the scholarship
Arlene Eichorn was a beloved employee of the Flint Hills Community Health Center, so the group established a scholarship fund in her name for students in these health fields.
The Friends of CareArc is an independent organization created exclusively for charitable acts that benefit the health center and its patients through donations of time, talent and treasure.